A Case of Complete Heart Block Due to Intentional Ingestion of Plant Extracts
This article was originally published by Thieme Medical and Scientific Publishers Private Ltd. and was migrated to Scientific Scholar after the change of Publisher.
Cardiac glycosides are widely available in botanic products and other naturally occurring substances worldwide. Accidental consumption of it leads to digitalis toxicity with varied systemic manifestations. We describe a case of consumption of extract of leaves of the Indian rubber vine plant (Crytostegia grandi flora) which led to gastrointestinal, cardiac, electrolyte, and hematological disturbances.